The muscles that control bladder functions weaken with age, which can lead to urinary incontinence. Urinary incontinence is a broad term for any incontinence caused by a problem with the bladder or the urethra, the tube that transports urine from the bladder to the outside of the body. The majority of incontinence is caused by weak muscles, also known as bladder weakness. Going to the bathroom is a completely routine and stress-free experience for most people, but for people with urinary incontinence, it can be stressful and even embarrassing. Fortunately, there are treatments that can help increase bladder muscle strength, reduce incontinence symptoms, and even cure the condition entirely.
What is Emsella?
Emsella is a non-invasive, painless treatment for urinary incontinence that has been shown to be highly effective in alleviating the symptoms of this condition. Emsella addresses a very common need, with over 25 million Americans suffering from urinary incontinence. Women with undiagnosed incontinence report a loss of self-confidence in 54% of cases, highlighting the importance of Emsella treatments.
Why People Love Emsella™, the “Kegel Throne”?
- Non-invasive: Patients are fully clothed during the procedure.
- Effectively treats the entire pelvic floor
- Produces Thousands of Contractions Per Session
- Better Life Quality, Intimate Health
The pelvic floor is made up of ten muscles that support the bladder as well as the male and female sex organs. The solution is the same for those who have poor sexual function and/or leakage. Kegel exercises help to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, which helps to strengthen the bladder muscles and ability to hold fluids in while also tightening the muscles that support the vaginal canal. Stronger pelvic floor muscles result in increased blood flow, which improves bladder control and sexual sensation. Emsella is the preferred non-invasive, non-surgical treatment method for incontinence and intimate health in women because it delivers the equivalent of 11,200 kegel contractions in 28 minutes.
How does Emsella treat urinary incontinence?
Emsella is a procedure that achieves its results without the use of incisions, invasive methods, or medications. The patient sits in a chair that emits a high-intensity focused electromagnetic (HIFEM) wave, causing supramaximal contractions in the pelvic floor muscles. This is comparable to Kegels, but while Kegels can help to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, Emsella is more efficient and effective.
Thousands of supramaximal contractions are delivered during a short Emsella session; thirty minutes is equivalent to performing over 10,000 Kegels!
Emsella improves bladder control and decreases incontinence by targeting weakened muscles in the pelvic floor. Some patients see immediate results, while others benefit the most from multiple sessions. In any case, Emsella has an extremely high satisfaction rate: 95% of people who use Emsella report an improvement in their urinary continence symptoms.
What are the advantages of Emsella?
Emsella treatment offers many benefits, including:
- There is no need for surgery.
- Helps to reduce urinary and fecal incontinence
- Enhances quality of life
- Enhances sexual performance
- Helps to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles
- Significantly more effective than Kegels
- There is no downtime.
- There is no recovery period.
- Avoids potential complications and side effects associated with other incontinence treatments such as medications or surgery.
How many Emsella treatments will I require?
The number of Emsella treatments required varies by patient and is determined by several factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- The seriousness of the condition that is being treated
- The chronicity and complexity of the condition
- The desired outcomes of the patient
To achieve the best results, most patients should receive six sessions in total, with two sessions per week for three weeks. An experienced clinician, on the other hand, can determine the exact number of sessions required to achieve the desired results, which can be discussed during the initial consultation.
Who is a good candidate for Emsella?
Emsella’s ideal candidates are:
- Women of any age who want to improve the strength of their pelvic floor muscles.
- Those who have some form of incontinence, such as stress, urge, or mixed incontinence
- Individuals who want to improve their sexual performance, particularly when problems are caused by weakened pelvic floor muscles
- Those who do not want to have invasive procedures performed to treat their incontinence.
- Those who are unable to commit to regular Kegel exercises or who want to see results sooner.
How does the Emsella Chair feel?
Patients frequently report feeling a buzzing or tingling sensation during pelvic floor muscle contractions after using the Emsella. Most of our patients comment on how unique the sensation is. You can resume your normal activities immediately following the treatment.
Is the Emsella Effective?
Because of its effectiveness, BTL’s Emsella chair is a one-of-a-kind solution for urinary incontinence. This product stimulates your muscles to make contact in your pelvic floor using high-intensity focused electromagnetic technology (HiFEM). However, unlike regular Kegel exercises, the stimulation occurs faster than the time it takes for your muscles to relax, increasing the efficacy in strengthening the pelvic floor. Patients who are prescribed a Kegels exercise routine often lose interest or fail to establish a habit of performing these exercises. In comparison, sitting in the Emsella chair for 28 minutes causes 11,200 contractions in that time.
- 95% of treated patients reported an improvement in their quality of life.
- 67% of treated patients reduced or eliminated their use of hygienic pads on a daily basis.
- All patients reported increased awareness of their pelvic floor muscles.
The Emsella Advantage
The best part about the Emsella is that everything takes place fully clothed. You don’t have to change into gym clothes, worry about breaking a sweat, or worry about undressing for any embarrassing or uncomfortable doctor’s appointment. While you sit and relax, the electromagnetic field passes harmlessly through your clothes to stimulate the pelvic floor. This is the pinnacle of non-invasive procedures.
If you have urinary incontinence, come to VSPOT for expert care and treatment.
Request Your Complimentary Consultation