VSPOT: COVID-19 Protocol
VSPOT is planning to reopen at the end of May. To ensure the safety of our clients and staff, we will be following the following protocols. We are also continuously monitoring the situation daily and our protocols will be adjust to reflect any changes.
If you prefer a video conference for your consultation, please email us at email@example.com
COVID-19 Enhanced Procedures
We will follow new procedures that will allow us to keep our clients safe and healthy . We will implement a longer sanitation time in-between client by thoroughly sanitizing and sterilizing all treatment rooms.
Although we have always followed the sanitation protocols enforced by the state board, we commit to go above and beyond the requirements by adhering closely to the CDC guidelines. Our goal is to continue to give our clients exceptional care while keeping them safe in immaculate conditions.
VSPOT wants to do everything we can to equip our staff and our community with the necessary tools to fend off any virus — whether the common cold, the flu, or COVID-19. We will execute our client-screening protocols to this end. Our existing high standards as well as our additional amplified disinfecting and sanitation procedures between each client will be strenuously followed.
Our appointments will now be spaced 20 minutes apart. The extra time in-between appointments will allow for our clients to follow social distancing guidelines and allow for ample sanitizing and disinfecting. This new procedure minimizes traffic flow problems and prevents clients from arriving or departing from the lobby at the same time. Early arrivals may choose to wait in the outside until 5 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time.
When a staff member or client enters the building, they will have their temperature taken with a digital, no-touch thermometer. This procedure will remain in place until deemed no longer necessary.
If a staff member is running a temperature, s/he will not be able to work that day. Additionally, the staff member must see their doctor and get cleared before returning to work. If a client has a fever (add degrees here), they will have to reschedule their appointment and we will suggest they see their doctor. We will ask to see a clearance before the client can resume services.
Additionally, our staff will interview clients to help determine the risk of exposure and to determine how we can best provide our services.
Client Screening and Fulfilment Protocol:
As soon as the client enters the building, the front desk person will greet them and give the client a mask and hand sanitizer. Staff will then direct the client directly to the medical room to get their temperature taken.
- If the client has a temperature of 100 degrees or higher, she will be asked to leave the premises immediately. Clients can also return with a physician’s note indicating they are symptom-free.
- After clients leave the testing area, staff members wearing gloves will immediately sanitize the chair, the door handles, and any other area that the client may have touched. The staff member will then dispose of the gloves in the hazardous materials disposal receptacle.
Hygiene and PPE and Prevention
- Before opening for the day, staff will have their temperature taken and/or submit to a COVID-19 antibody test.
- Any staff member who has a temperature will not be allowed to work. They must have gone 48 hours without a fever in order to return to work.
- Any staff member with an IgM positive test result indicating an acute, or recent infection, will have to leave immediately. They will be recommended to seek medical attention. Positive antibody results will be forwarded to health authorities. Clients and/or staff will not be allowed to return until after a professional medical clearance, 14-day self-isolation and/or an IGM negative test result or a combination of all these.
- If the IgM test result is negative, the client or staff member will be able to proceed with their services.
- There will be mandatory use of hand sanitizer by all staff and clients upon entering the building.
- As we will be following CDC recommendations, all of our staff members will wear disposable masks. All clients are required to wear a mask as well.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
Based on research, we have developed the following protocols adhering to the CDC’s guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting our facilities. We will be using EPA-registered disinfectants that are approved for COVID-19 disinfection.
- After removing the sheets, staff will spray tables and wipe down headrests. Lotion bottles, skin care product bottles, and all equipment will be wiped down with a disposable disinfectant and sanitizing cloth.
- Staff will wipe down all high-touch areas including door knobs and light switches with an industrial-grade disinfectant.
- Staff will wipe down the client’s chair and/or clothes’ rack with an industrial-grade disinfectant.
- Staff will spray down all work surfaces with disinfectant.
- After cleaning and disinfecting the room, staff will remake the bed with new sheets and blankets in preparation for new clients.
- After each use by either client or staff, the restroom will be completely disinfected. An industrial-grade cleaning solution will be used on toilets, sinks, and mirrors. The door knobs, light switches and wall handles will all be sanitized.
- After any staff or client enters or leaves the spa, all door handles inside and out will be wiped down and disinfected. The pos system and front desk will also be wiped down and disinfected after being touched.
- At the end of each day, staff will sweep and mop the floors with an industrial-grade disinfectant. All walls, shelves and displays will be cleaned and disinfected.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org | 212.988.1387.